Tuesday, February 23, 2010

In The Spirit of Sport

Today is a big day in the eyes of so many Canadians. It's hockey day in Canada and we need to win and continue to do so if we want to win Gold in hockey at the Winter Olympics. A little over a week into the Olympics, they continue to create big buzz across Canada and around the world. For their efforts, our Canadian Athletes have achieved 10 medals, 5 of which are gold. Very impressive. What makes you proud? What gets you excited. Even if you're not a sports fan, you can't deny yourself the sense of pride that comes with success and achieving greatness in life or whatever you do. Unfortunately, not all of us are willing to put ourselves "out there" to ever sniff greatness in life. I'd have to say this is a result of most of us not wanting to fail or be disappointed with our performance so we choose to do what's easy and what we're most sure of. I think we put so much pressure on each other to gauge success by the accumulation of "stuff" that we often prevent ourselves from truly finding our moment, our time that defines who we really are. If you do, great, if you haven't, don't wait till it's too late. My Mom and Dad had eight children and their priority was always to ensure they gave us everything we needed to succeed in our lives. Never once did they ask for anything in return. So whether it's sports or just doing what you do in life, do it well. Now that I'm 40, I suddenly find myself reflecting on where I've been and where I now want my life to go. So, I strongly urge you to test yourself, push yourself with the goal to always Make It Better! Life's too short... Live It, Love It, Long for It. GO CANADA!

PS Thanks Mom and Dad.
G

No comments:

Post a Comment